Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - What will happen?

View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 29th April 2007 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 4 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 5
Originally Posted by GeoDun View Post
Hi scatz I do have air con. but the prob I have is the direction blower dial not turning fully and stopping at the wanted option, you know windscreen, body & windscreen etc.. Thankfully the weather is ok now so no need to worry for windscreen steaming up in the morning saying that I'm in Glasgow and steaming goes with the territory. I was waiting to see if you would be successful at removing the control panel in case this would help me out to inspect ..ah hum.. my knob I mean dial. Did you manage to get the torx screw out or still waiting for posts?
Ah, but I don't have the dials, I have the pushbutton aircon unit. The torx screw I couldn't get out (which I have now) was that on the blower motor itself under the glovebox. Your dial panel should be easy enough to get out. I would imagine it's the same as getting my control panel out;

1; Remove ashtray and undo the two torx screws that are hidden at the top of the gap. Pull out ashtray housing.
2; Remove radio and the tray underneath the radio and undo four torx screws. Two of which are located at the bottom of the radio housing and two of which are located at the rear of the housing, behind where the radio sat. Pull out the housing.
3; There should then be two bolts on the underside of the dial unit which need to be undone. You should then be able to remove the unit.

As I stated, it should be the same or very similar. Let me know how you get on.

Currently in scatz's garage:
2004 Subaru Legacy GT Spec B, a 2013 2.0 TDCi Titanium X Sport S-Max and a 2001 Honda NSR125R

Last edited by scatz; 29th April 2007 at 12:26 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome