Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - cambelt/engine woes

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 29th April 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

Thanks for responding.

I asked the first mechanic to change the belt and he kept the car for a week, allegedly awaiting parts?? I was very surprised that the engine was out.He asked for 115 with the rest due when he phoned to fit the missing part....don't know what it was meant to be but the second lot of mechanics said there was nothing missing. I said I wanted to pay what was due but he said he had to go to the dentist and left my car on the main road with the keys under the sun visor.

I have not paid the second pair anything yet as they will give me a final bill when they do whatever comes next. They say that they know a scrappy but they have talked about this person from the moment they first looked at the car, just a superficial look. They say it would be better to have engine replaced thather than put the part in for skimming. I have a bad feeling now and wonder ehy the car won't even start now. I don't feel comfortable with an engine from a scrapyard, maybe I am being stupid?"

I think I will call Trading Standards in the morning and ask for their take on it.
Currently in scarlettwynter's garage:
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome