Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Radio / CD problems

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 20th December 2005 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 2 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 4
Radio / CD problems

Having used the car last, this is obviously all my fault (despite not actually using the radio or CD yesterday).

Mrs Scen1c has got in the car this morning, started it up, and the CD is blaring out in an attempt to split hers and the kids eardrums.

She tried to turn down and then mute the volume via the steering column controls, which don't appear to be working.

She then turned it off via the radio button, and then switched it back on. It then went to the radio, at a normal volume level, but the display is blank, and just the clock and tempreature is showing.

In short, the problem is that the steering columns controls don't work, the display doesn't work, but the radio and CD seems to function. It's a bog standard 2002 Renault Scenic with bog standard radio and CD stacker.

First things first, I was going to disconnect the battery (providing I can find the code first).

Anyone else got any ideas?

Currently in scen1c's garage:
Toys. Toys. More toys. A freezer.
  5 Lastest Threads by scen1c
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
How to: Scenic I - Central locking fuel cap motor Scenic cockybundoo 17 32720 23rd June 2008 09:15 PM
JUST exchanged contracts... General Chat ottoman 13 2447 21st May 2008 12:19 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome