Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Stupid possibly immobiliser question on 1994 Laguna.

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 30th April 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Stupid possibly immobiliser question on 1994 Laguna.

On Saturday, I collected my 'new' car.

Drove it some 60 miles back home, starting a couple of times without problems, slight clanking noises from the rear quarter at low speeds which I assume is worn bushings, but mostly OK, I like the stereo controls on the wheel.

Started it, moved it around the drive a few times, over Sunday, then when I come to Sunday night, it's not starting.

The stupid part of the question is is that the "STOP" indicator on the panel stays on. Is this the 'immobiliser' light that's being mentioned in other threads?

Or is it not working for other reasons.

The keys are IR ones, and there is an IR receiver - one of the paper labels inside the keys starts V046E8C-2C5.

I've tried turning on the ignition, and holding down the central locking button but nothing at all happens.

The door locks and boot lock does not match, and I suspect that this may mean that the ECU /keys have been changed out.

Any comments? (1994 is 'M'?)
Currently in SpeedEvil's garage:
1994 renault leguna

Last edited by SpeedEvil; 30th April 2007 at 09:41 AM. Reason: add 1994 query
  5 Lastest Threads by SpeedEvil
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Stupid possibly immobiliser question on 1994... Electronics SpeedEvil 6 1328 30th April 2007 09:35 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome