Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 9000 miles free check

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 20th December 2005
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
The free checks are usually only given from Brand new - a few thousand after purchase just to make sure things are going ok. They don't actually do anything to the car.
What sort of driving do you do? A lot of short stop/start journeys will "stress" the engine more than a motorway cruise. An annual mileage of about 12k of decent mixed journeys and the oil shoulfd be ok. Any less or if the engine if worked any harder , then I would change the oil ore frequently. 18k miles is the norm for most modern engines these days between oil changes. Was the oil changed when you bought the car? If not I would change it now for a decent fully synthetic oil .
I know there are issues with the 1.9dci engines because the service interval is too long (18k) but if fully synthetic oil is used and oil changes at 9k miles they seem ok. As far as I know there are no issues with the petrol engines regarding long service/ oil change intervals.

Currently in SportTourer's garage:
2010 Laguna III SportTourer Initiale Tom Tom.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome