Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Scenic DCI Mpg

Thread: Scenic DCI Mpg
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 20th December 2005
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
I have to say that I'm surprised that you're only getting 33mpg in your 1.6 Scenic.

I've recently bought a 54 plate Scenic II 1.6 Expression and have been finding that the quoted combined figure of 39.2mpg is spot on. I do a round trip of approx 45 miles each day to and from work which is a mixture of A & B and town driving, plus the usual runs to the supermarket, etc at the weekend and any other local trips and I've been averaging between 38.5 and 40.3 over the first couple thousand miles. I find that getting it up in to 4th or 5th gear asap seems to help (obviously where conditions allow) and not to rev the nuts off it.

I've been very impressed by this. Looking at the extra you have to pay for a diesel over a petrol model, plus the extra you pay at the pumps, from my point of view unless you doing 20,000+ miles per annum it doesn't seem worth paying the extra to have a diesel.

Saying all this, when I did a 300 mile round trip to Plymouth I only got 41-42mpg - that was averaging between 70-75mph. I thought their may have been more of difference when I was on a run.
Currently in finbo1's garage:
scenic II
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome