Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Excessive cost of repairs

View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 30th April 2007
Veteran Member
Technical Supremo
Nominated 2 Times in 20 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 18
Thanked 1,103 Times in 942 Posts
Screen wash sachets are only small,so when the washers were checked as part of the MOT and service,even if the reservoir when full when the car was left at the garage,this would have made enough space for a sachet,and surely 99p isn't worth falling out about.

Coils should ideally be changed as pairs,but this would have made the bill even more expensive!.

Honestly,I really do think that you got a good deal.Looking at the prices,I'd struggle to get decent pads for a trade price lower than the retail you've paid for them,and the same for the wheel cylinders and shoes.The coil spring is bang on what we would charge for one retail,too.

There is a lot of work that has been carried out,and as long as your happy with the car and the work that has been done,I'd walk away very pleased and I would recommend the garage to your friends!.If your still worried about how much you've been charged,get quotes from other garages to do the same work.I'm sure you won't get anywhere near close the price that you've paid.

I'd rather push my Alfa than drive a BMW....
Currently in Lagdti's garage:
2004 Saab 9-5 HOT Aero and a 2001 Audi A3 1.8 Turbo
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome