Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Bodywork - Rear Screen Failures on Sport Tourer Versions

View Single Post
post #58 of (permalink) Old 30th April 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by bonerp View Post
On the way to drop off my 3 year old to nursery the rear screen exploded driving along a flat dual carriageway at 40mph! It showered her (luckily she is ok) and made me jump out of my skin!

Spoke to local dealer FISHBROTHERS Swindon who said as its a 52 car, if it was going to break it would have done by now therefore no responsibility lies with Renault.

Looks like having to get autoglass to do it on my insurance later today but have spoken to Renault UK who are "looking into it"!

Has anyone else had experience of this happening? The window was undamaged! Last time I shut the lift up window was 4 days ago!

I am DISGUSTED by Renault - or rather at this time the dealer! NO OTHER car i've owned has done this!

like my inspiron sport you may find the socket on the piston rod came off the lower ball window fixing allowing the rod to punch through the screen. these rods would take 'arnie' to press them in. mine blew out while the car was fast asleep on the drive. had it fixed by autoglass but it has come off three times since. once today!! no glass broke though. make sure the ball fixing is positioned right and the screw isnt threaded. i'm going to find out if there is a torque setting for the screw before i put mine back.....know what u mean about dealers. found myself a proffesional garage thats nothing to do with renault..
Currently in heyuplordy's garage:
Nov 03 Renault Laguna II 1.9dCi Sport Tourer
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome