Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - cambelt/engine woes

View Single Post
post #14 of (permalink) Old 30th April 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

i think from what you have said both garages are not up to the job there is no reason to remove the engine to access the timming belt also i dont believe that the belt can stretch they usually break which causes the valves to bend as they come into contact with the pistons normally you fit a cambelt kit comprising of the belt, tensioner, idler puley normal cost for job with labour around 160-200 how ever bent valves etc could very costly and a replacement engine from scrappy maybe cheaper option or find a good mechanic first and confirm if valves are bent if so conact mark at engine express you can find him on ebay search for cylinder heads he repairs them cheap and does excellent job did my laguna 16 valve head for 325 picked up and delivered including full gasget set and head bolts, cam belt kits from Car Parts and Car Accessories - Buy Parts By are also very cheap and while not origional renault are made in germany so they are good quality. hope this may be of some help best of luk kev.
Currently in menstrate's garage:
2000 laguna 2.0 rti
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome