Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 03 Scenic DCi..... Thinking of buying one

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 30th April 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 2 Times in 3 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 3
Hi Matt,

ST has made some valid points, I would try and drive a number of Scenic IIs prior to deciding which model suits you as the handling characteristic's vary quite considerably, I have found no problem with the Scenic IIs on windy days, As St said spec levels are far superior on the Lagunas than the Scenic's.

I have found all the cubby holes and drop down seats etc to be of great use, the seating has a number of settings in the rear allowing more room with 2 child seats if required.

The gear change on the Scenic can be clunky with the 6 speed box more so than the Laguna due to the extended controls. I don't really need to tell you the prob's you might encounter with a Renault as you are a Member here, The interiors can be very worn and tatty, Like all MPV style of vehicles, The rear seat could suffer from abuse as some have just dropped the seat backs for heavy loads thus distorting the seat frames check that they can be removed and relocated easily, Not all models come with all round electric windows. The air-con can struggle to keep the interior cool on very hot days due to the large glass area, But the cabin is bright and airy offering a good view out for children in the rear, The rear hatch gets very dirty and as the boot does not pop on the key hands can get messy, Front fogs are hopeless leave them on all the time nobody flashes you, Horn is feeble compared to the Lag, Plenty power points more on the top models, The sliding centre console is very good great storage plus a PowerPoint & arm rests, wiper patterns are set for left hand drive but large wiper pattern clears it OK, The controls are OK, The car is comfortable as most Renault's are seating can be adjusted to suit most needs access in and out is excellent .

I cant really think of anything else, But as I have said try a few before you buy there is a lot of junk out there, It's your choice so take your time and don't rush in, Ensure you get a rock solid warranty or Take Velsatisifieds ( Paul )and urchase an after market one from an independent source.

Any other questions do not hesitate to ask and I will try and answer them.

Some would prefer the Lag ST others the Scenic II, Each have their own pros & cons.

Last edited by ottoman; 30th April 2007 at 09:40 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome