Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - Spare Wheel And Run Flat Tyre Discussion

View Single Post
post #18 of (permalink) Old 30th April 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Not much else to say on lack of spare wheels, Mrs W ordered her GS from new, no mention from stealer that there would be no spare.

Local stealer (Driveline/Motorline Dover) say (as has been pointed out) that the cage will not be fitted, and is around 2-300+fitting.

I tried kwikfit for two sets of tyres for My Espace (Michellin Pilot Premacy Extra load) and have since gone over to F1 Autocentres in Canterbury (they are also nationwide chain) they beat the price for KWFT and even though KWFT said they could match price, they were not too happy...

F1 have to order tyres in, but have stuck with Michellins.

Think I paid 98ea for a set of two for the scenic (two months ago) and 297 for a set of two for the Espace.

Renault sales people DO need to advise Grand Scenic purchasers about the spare wheels, as I was annoyed that my wife was stranded for two hours with one of the kids recently when she had a slow puncture and the tyre was too flat to drive.

BTW I always carry a battery operated tyre compressor, saved my bacon a few times (atually mostly others bacon not mine).
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome