Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Megane Convertible rear windows confusion

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 22nd July 2014 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Megane Convertible rear windows confusion

Hi Guys. First of I'm getting a little confused. Is the Temic module also called a regulator?

Saturday was lovely weather so we dropped the roof. Got to our destination and tried to put the windows up and the rear drivers side would not budge. I could hear a whirring and a scraping noise but no movement. The whirring happens from all 3 buttons. Centre console, drivers button and the windows actual button.

Sunday I followed some written instructions I found on the line and managed to get to the point where I peeled off the foam bit to see the hole containing the motor, cable etc and I also took off the window seal at the top so I could peer in through the top. After that the instructions weren't very clear so I didn't get any further. All the links to the workshop manuals I've found don't work. Can anyone point me to a link that works. I had no idea what I was looking at. I'm used to a haynes manual with clear pictures and instructions. Unfortunately the haynes manual doesn't cover this part of the car as it doesn't cover convertibles.

When I took the foam off there was a loop of cable sticking out. I gave it a light tug and it felt attached still. There is a whirring sound when you push the buttons so I'm guessing its not the electrics but something mechanical. I need a picture or diagram of what is what. Do i have to take the back of the car off or can it be done from from inside?

Any ideas what the problems is? Can someone direct me to a workshop manual with lots of lovely pictures?

On a side note, The other side literally. The passenger side rear window has only ever worked off the center console button which is fine as it only ever goes down when we drop the roof but as I'm taking the seats out etc anyway I may as well fix that. Hence the temic / regulator question as I'm pretty sure passenger side is an electric problem. Are they two different things or are they the same thing?

any help would be amazing. thanks
Currently in Jamesian's garage:
  5 Lastest Threads by Jamesian
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Megane Mkii Convertible boot loom. Any clues? Electronics Meganeman 3 487 9th May 2015 11:18 PM
Check Steering and service light on. MOT tomorrow Electronics Mike H025 4 1375 13th November 2014 10:40 AM
Reset Steering angle sensor using clip Electronics Jamesian 5 4238 10th November 2014 09:02 AM
How to perform steering wheel angle programming? Steering and Suspension Jamesian 1 1302 9th November 2014 01:19 PM
Megane Convertible rear windows confusion Bodywork Jamesian 3 1562 22nd July 2014 01:12 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome