Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - another laguna keycard roblem

View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 1st May 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
I had keycard problems on my laguna (wouldn't start but would let me in to the car), after getting the car recovered to the dealer and waiting a week or so for the keycard I got a call from the dealer stating the battery was flat, failed to charge over night and needed replacing. I thought they were trying it on. But on hearing about your airport parking nightmare I'm now beginning to think there is some relationship. I'm lucky cause, the car is still warrentied and both keycards were replaced without charge, plus I'd been on the phone to Renault UK all week about trying to find out when the keycards were gonna arrive, cause the dealer didn't know, and I needed the car for a fast approaching holiday. Renault UK kept on telling me they'd call me back, which they failed to do more than three times, in the end demanded to speak to a supervisor, in the meantime got the news that my keycards had arrived and the battery was defective, managed to get Renault UK to pay for the battery. But how/why does a defective keycard flatten the battery? Anyone know? Does it have something with the cardreader trying to seek out the keycard when it's inserted?
Currently in No1InHeaven's garage:
2004 Laguna Initiale 2.2dci
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome