Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Megane Scenic (97) - Passenger window and both sunroofs (electric) failing...

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 1st May 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Well. My friend (who also has a similar scenic but a slightly different model), had his sunroof fail to open, and knowing I had mine open last year when mine got stuck, came round.

I noticed after looking in his headlining that the relay for the sunroofs is above the passenger vanity mirror.

So it looks like its not the same relay that controls the passenger window and the sunroofs, it's two separate ones.

One above the passenger compartment for the sunroofs, and one in the passenger compartment relay cluster for the window.

So it seems the problem lies with the feed that feeds both of those relays.

Again, looking through Haynes and Autodata is a bit limited.

I'm tempted to find an autoelectrician and pay him to find and repair it, although I shudder to think what it will cost me (or my credit card *gulp* ).

I have noticed that with the bad earth I sorted out the other day on the rear light cluster. Someone has done a 'Jonny rig me up' on what I think mustbe the towbar electrics. Meaning that there are inline wire joiners (the sort that cut into both wires when you press it closed) in all the wiring at the back.

Looking behind the fusebox I can see that there are a couple of hand made wiring connections (secured together with insulation tape) so it could be that.
Currently in mbooth's garage:
Megane Scenic 1.9td
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome