Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Well should I cut 'n' run ....

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 3rd May 2007
Veteran Member
Technical Supremo
Nominated 2 Times in 20 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 18
Thanked 1,103 Times in 942 Posts
It is always a difficult situation to be in......

Do you either spend money on it and keep it,and hopefully have a few years of problem free motoring,or do you put that money towards towards another car that could be just as troublesome.

If you've lost confidence in the car and are fed up with it,then I'd trade it in and buy something else from a dealer with a decent warranty on it.

If you still like the car,then spend the cash thats needed to get it to a condition where hopefully that will be the end of the big bills for the foreseeable future.

I know it's very difficult,and I don't know your financial position,but I'd be tempted to spend the cash on your Scenic and keep it.Any car needs tyres,brakes,cambelts etc,so these are just maintenance costs.

Just one point though,if your car hasn't had a cambelt change from new,then it's well over due.They need to be changed every 72k or 5 years,so yours has done well to last this long!

Let us know what you decide,and the best of luck to you in whichever decision you come to.

I'd rather push my Alfa than drive a BMW....
Currently in Lagdti's garage:
2004 Saab 9-5 HOT Aero and a 2001 Audi A3 1.8 Turbo

Last edited by Lagdti; 3rd May 2007 at 07:45 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome