Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna 1 - Removing Heater Controls (With Pics)

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 4th May 2007 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 4 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 5
Renault Laguna 1 - Removing Heater Controls (With Pics)

Thought I'd post some piccies as I was doing this job and someone asked how to do it the other day. Every little helps.

I would imagine this proceedure is then same for Mk1 Ph1/2 and for both climate control and heater dials but, please correct me if I am wrong.

Firstly, remove ashtray and unclip gear lever gator. You will need to undo the two torx screws shown at top of picture and push out clips (from behind) shown at bottom of picture. You can then simply pull the ashtray housing out;

Next, remove the radio/cd player and tray from their housing and undo the four torx screws that are shown in the picture (two revealed when the ashtray housing was removed and two revealed when the radio/cd player was removed). The housing can then be pulled forwards, down and out;

Lastly, there are two bolts on the underside of the climate control unit that need to be undone. I used a 9/32 socket to undo these. Once they are removed the climate control unit can be pulled down and out allowing you to unplug;

Just remember to catch and screws or bolts that you remove so as they do not fall into the centre console abyss. That'll mean having to take the car apart further to retrieve the screws/bolts.

Hope this may be of help to someone. Thought I'd post it as the last owner of my car had obviously tried to lever the unit out, hence why I need a new one.

Currently in scatz's garage:
2004 Subaru Legacy GT Spec B, a 2013 2.0 TDCi Titanium X Sport S-Max and a 2001 Honda NSR125R

Last edited by scatz; 4th May 2007 at 12:41 PM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to scatz For This Useful Post:
Irish Paddy (15th July 2012), jammy44 (15th February 2013), pablito (14th January 2014), peking97 (5th June 2010), Petros25 (13th June 2010)
  5 Lastest Threads by scatz
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Scatz is upgrading! [Pic Heavy] My mottah! scatz 18 3576 11th March 2014 10:54 AM
Exhaust blow is driving me nuts! Exhausts scatz 8 2198 22nd August 2013 04:02 PM
Where are all the Mk1 V6 Laguna's? General Chat pauljackie 5 1925 24th July 2013 05:58 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome