Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - laguna tells me I dont own it :o)

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 4th May 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
laguna tells me I dont own it :o)

Went back to my Laguna last Sunday (in a pay and display car park, to add insult to injury!) and the car decided not to undo the steering lock. Unlocked the doors fine, and displayed the 'Insert Card' message on the dash display, but still said that even when the card was in . Steering lock still on (but radio and satnav functions came on properly), and of course the Start button didnt start the car.

Had it towed in to Renault, who after ignoring it in the car park for a couple of days, then had a perfunctory look and diagnosed a fault in the "electronic steering lock". "No idea exactly what", says the spectacularly unhelpful mechanic, completely unpeturbed that his 82.50 diagnostic fee gave me the equivalent of "its broken" as a diagnosis. "Its a sealed box, see? We'll have to replace the whole unit, and its 290. Oh, and two hours labour to fit it and train it to your key".

To rub salt in, the car wasnt ready for collection today and they didnt bother telling me that till I phoned up to ask what time to collect it. Near 500 bill in total. So, anyone got any advice on this? Its it a common failing? Could I ask Renault for a contribution?
  5 Lastest Threads by nowimgettingangry
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
laguna tells me I dont own it :o) Electronics r4cer1 4 915 4th May 2007 08:50 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome