Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - laguna tells me I dont own it :o)

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 4th May 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by selwonk View Post
Welcome to the forums. Can you post up some details about the car such as length of time is has been out of warranty etc.
Hmmm yeah sorry, forgot about that. Its a '02 (52) 1.9Dci, Privelege I think. Had it for about 30 months now, and when we got it it had a RAC parts warranty that we've kept up ever since. It did pay out once for a window motor, but when we phoned them about this they reckon steering column lock aint covered.

Originally Posted by r4cer1
number one it doesn't take 2 hours to fit a streeing lock computer (more like 30 mins). number two it does not have to be trained to the key card. This is a simple job that involves a 30 torx socket to turn the opposite threaded bolt out of the computerlock. The only trouble they might have is getting the computer lock off, as the bolt will not come out with the steering lock on.
yeah I got the idea that they were swinging it a bit with the labour charge. That suits me good - when we phoned today there was a fair bit of cursing that they were having to strip the dash out to get the column lock off and apparently they hadnt anticipated that. hehehe. I cant wait til Tuesday when we collect it, wanna see if they try to charge more labour. I almost hope they do - it'd be such a lovely start to the day to rip some threads off their muppet receptionist
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome