Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic 1 - Roof Bar Fitting Information

View Single Post
post #35 of (permalink) Old 5th May 2007
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
Nominated 0 Times in 2 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
The guy at the Renault Dealership said I need to buy the sliding roof bars off the new Espace.

As they're a factory fitted item I have to find an Espace with them fitted to get the part numbers......

The Renault guys said they'll fit.....

NO THEY DONT! , the EspaceIV bars are a cam lock design that fit into sliding rails and are not interchangeable, and cant be fitted to a non sliding rail assembly, anyways the roof width of the Espace IV is 1170mm across the rails (not full roof width,) the ScenicII is 1000mm across the full roof from the info I have, how are Espace bars ever going to fit ... go figure!

Q. - why could a Renault dealer not be able to give you the part information to order the bars anyway? they are the dealer, and YOU have to find an Espace and get the part numbers, do they not have a dealer parts system?, do they not have any EspaceIV's in stock?

I dont think so .... I'd give this dealer a bodyswerve ... total and utter incompetents

Why is it the older I get .... the better I think I was ?
Currently in Truckbusuk's garage:
Clio2 1.4RT Phase1(VF1BB0S) + Volvo XC90 SE Lux D5 Geartronic
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome