Join Date: Jan 2006
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Speeding fines & cameras
The Safety Partnerships as and from April 2007 come under a different setup. In the past they worked on 'Netting Out' - a system whereby the Partnership's allowed expenses where taken out of the fine revenue. The Government then had the rest of the cash. Now each Safety Partnership is awarded an annual sum to work with,
in some cases greatly increased on their previous historical
So even if no fines are levied or all the drivers obey the law, these grabbing, law unto themselves Gods - will still be able to collect their salaries.
Here's a few observations.
1. After being flashed speeding - you are sent a NIP
'Notice of Impending Prosecution.' Some areas report as many as 30% of these never result in a fine/points or court case! Why?
2. 3000 drivers caught in N.Wales recently had the points removed from their licences & 'fixed penalities returned due to an error by the authorities.
3. Check ALL the documents you receive, ensure they are cosher. Some pictures used to convince you - that the car was speeding - appear to have been photoshopped - modified. Try enlarging them and check any variations.
4. There are reports that website systems can get you off. However these ideas influence some area Partnership's managemernt more than others.
5. In theory the speeding ticket system is laid down in stone - there is mounting evidence that a fuller auditing
is necessary to create confidence that the Safety Partnership is set-up to reduce accidents - NOT just make money plus provide jobs for the GODS.
Any documents attached to a speeding case will be of interest for research purposes
PS. I'm neither a legal or police bod, just a Renault OAP driver with a thing about speeding, safety & tickets documents.
Currently in SamWoerth's garage:
1.6 Megane Saloon MkII 04 - previous MkI - wrote off- back ended