Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Does anyone know anything on here?

View Single Post
post #18 of (permalink) Old 21st December 2005
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by selwonk
We do have technical people visiting this forum. The likes of WebCode are PROPER Renault mechanics. Unfortunately, we also have a fairly busy forum now, and they can not be expected to spot every thread

You might be correct about the general forum. We (the "staff") have a clear view of how the forum should work, but new users don't necessarily prescribe to this view. For example, this thread should not be in the general forum - we have a feedback forum especially for this sort of message!

We have plans to reorganise the knowledge base and could stop non-staff members posting in there. But that might not help as people might want to comment on or add to the content. What's the point of stopping what could be useful content?

This is a new forum and the vast majority of our members are here seeking help. I personally can diagnose the odd TDC fault, will usually spot a faulty airbag seat connection and might even help with PC stuff, but I ain't going to be much use on a MAF sensor. I'm sure, Paul, that you could probably say the same about yourself!

At the end of the day:

a) Most people join, make a post, get an answer and never return
b) Even more people join and never post
c) Lots of people come for the craic and are not much use on diagnosis but are more than welcome all the same
d) We get very little feedback about the forum even though we welcome it

IMHO there is a blossoming community on this site and just because one user feels a little neglected does not mean that it is not a helpful forum. We need to reach a point where we have lots of active members. At this point we will attract more members with WebCode's calibre and things on the forum will organise themselves and become much more pro-active

I'm also getting a bit fed up of people questioning our promotion techniques. OG has personally underwritten the venture and spent A LOT OF CASH on getting things started. I've spent hours trying to get the forum going and making it stable and feature rich. L2O has spent days working on his knowledge base. scen1c has spent hours... Well - he's spent hours doing something?

At the end of the day - it's a new forum and the more people that get involved, the better it will become. I suppose there is always Parkers...
Hi there!
I joined last week as a new member and am still having difficulty in navigating this site and getting answers to my questions that I posted re my catand exhaust problems !
Does nobody have any answers to help me or have I posted in the wrong place and am being ignored or what ??
Confused help please1
Currently in xcuzme's garage:
2004 Volvo V70 D5 SE
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome