Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - A few anoying problems you may be able to help with?

View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 21st December 2005
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Sorry to hear that your having probs with your Espace. I've owned a 97 Laguna now for six months & have experienced many, many faults, nocks, rattles & running faults. I bought it with a FSH & low mileage. Anyway my gearbox symptoms sound very similar to yours, I tend to put it into reverse before I start the car, to stop the noise. If your vehicle is parked on a slight incline & your car rolls back slightly before you engage reverse, this will also help to alleviate the prob. I've found in time you can learn to live with the sluggish gearbox, mine gets slightly better when the car warms up.

Regarding your front end noise, have you checked your front pads? Your front brake piston may be seizing, I've experienced this prob with another make of car & it turned out to be a seizing front brake piston. More of a scraping noise though, than a banging one.

Not totally sure on the blower prob, have you flushed the radiator & changed the antifreeze? That was one of my first jobs.

Good luck.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome