Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio RXE 1998 - Alarm & central locking

View Single Post
post #29 of (permalink) Old 6th May 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

Yes, thats exactly how mine started - the bit that is broken on my key fob is a little black piece with a metal contact across it - the other side of the circuit board to the batteries, on the inside of the soft button that you actually depress to activate it.

Now you can understand why I had such difficulties identifying if it was indeed sending a signal!

I took the receiver eye cover off before, and unclipped something, but I personally cannot get anything to come out - and, as I don't actually know what I am doing, I don't want to pull too hard and break something!

From reading other threads, this problem with the damp in the receiver eye usually affects the immobiliser, but I guess the set up is different with the RXE (which had the factory fitted alarm, not sure how much of the rest of the range that applied to).

Assuming that it *is* a problem with the receiver eye, can anyone tell me if its a fairly easy job to do, and where would I get the part, is it expensive, etc?

Again, noting the difference between this and other models, I am guessing that the receiver eye is perhaps specific to the RXE (or systems with alarms) - it appears to be independant of the immobiliser system.
Currently in Zeldazog's garage:
1998 Clio II 1.6 RXE 3dr
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome