Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - A possible mottah :)

View Single Post
post #15 of (permalink) Old 5th August 2014 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 6 Times in 17 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 5
Thanked 1,153 Times in 1,014 Posts
Re: A possible mottah :)

The fairlady is slightly different , there are some for sale in the UK and Ireland as it wasnt supplied oe here.
Theyre all imports from Japan.
They have slightly different front and rear overhang and have a more basic spec + an automatic variant.
Some have been rebadged to show 350z instead of fairlady
The easiest way to tell the diff is the imports have a big square rear number plate section and the uk/irish originals have a rectangular strip.
I wouldnt say no to one tho for the right price/condition.
Rear capacity in both is minimal even by sports coupe standards.
Never mind not having room to swing a cat,youd be lucky to fit a cat in it.
It also wont take even a light trailer,tho there are some adaptations out there.
Similar age mileage examples are actually cheaper here than the UK because of the road tax regime,same thing applies to merc cls 350petrol320 diesel.
There are even a few who have gotten away with reclassifying their 350z as commercial! for the 100 quid road tax.Sounds ridiculous but there you go.

I know the practicality theory..but situation right now is seller is lookin for cash from me..That isnt gonna work

Last "deal" I worked from."oh yeh we can do a straight swop" "Im sure you can!" up to one years road tax and a grand..2300 ,I wasnt budging off 3k considering the colour ,etc etc.
See what happens on this one..maybe Ill get gazumped! not likely.

Currently in coup's garage:
RM III coupe 1.5dci FVT,Audi TT Mk1 ,a bike and too much rubbish.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome