Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 02 automatic Clio brake problem

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 5th August 2014 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
02 automatic Clio brake problem

Hi this is my first time so please be gentle with me!
My parents have an 02 Clio automatic 1.4 16v. The problem they have is that when the car is left over night or for a long period of time when they first use the car the brakes do not work! they feel like brakes feel when the engine isn't running which is very disconcerting when they go to pull out of their drive which is on a slight downward slop on a main road. But then a few hundred yards up the road the brakes are fine. They took it to their usual garage where it was discovered that the rear offside wheel cylinder was leaking so this was replaced along with the near side also. But they still had the problem. The second visit to the garage they replaced the servo which is what I suspected it to be but that didn't solve the problem either on the third visit (which they where not charged for) they replaced the master cylinder & still the same issue which has left the garage scratching their head & my parents hundreds of pounds out of pocket though clearly the wheel cylinder needed to be changed. Can anyone throw some light on the subject?
  5 Lastest Threads by GlenRox
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
02 automatic Clio brake problem Brakes/Hubs GlenRox 0 408 5th August 2014 08:16 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome