Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Cabasse Systeme Auditorium; Connector

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 7th May 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Cabasse Systeme Auditorium; Connector

I want to fit a headphone socket to intercept the speaker outputs on the Cabasse 6 CD Player in my Vel Satis. Technically this is easy as long as I know which outputs are which on the 3- way connector a the rear of the unit.

Does anybody have a diagram of this? (The Annonces auto occasion - Cote auto occasion gratuite - annonce auto site has a possible solution in answer to a different quesion (re telphone) on but I am not sufficiently confident in my French (technology terms)to ensure that I understand it.

e.g Pins 22 and 23 for right ground and signal out and pins 24 and 25 for left ground and signal out (of the Cabasse unit presumably) but...

a) what does 'EXT' mean
b) why are there not 6 outputs (to 6 speakers)....possible answer is that there is another unit located elsewhere which splits and selectively attenuates the signals to alter the front/rear and left/right balance etc...

If there is another unit it opens up the possibility of intercepting only the front or rear speakers allowing different options for different passengers.
Currently in kabsatis's garage:
2010 Scenic dci106 III Privilege
  5 Lastest Threads by kabsatis
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Pairing Phone Electronics RUK_Response 2 2039 21st November 2010 01:33 PM
Sat Nav without radio Electronics hondo 1 1298 11th November 2010 01:08 PM
Cabasse Systeme Auditorium; Connector Electronics Prem 1 1662 7th May 2007 07:55 PM
Computer: mpg display Cars & motoring Hightower 8 2106 1st May 2007 08:27 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome