Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - The Vel Satis Club, for all things Vel....

View Single Post
post #49 of (permalink) Old 8th May 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
I've had my Vel Satis for 10 months, the alternator clutch rattles at idle, although the alternator works OK it is a total replacement job. For Renault to replace you are looking at almost £1k. Fortunately I have located the parts from a damaged Vel (rear damage) for £50.00, which my local Renault dealer will fit for me, about an hours labour. Which I will have done before I motor down to Southern France ***8211; just in case! Yes, it can be expensive, but thats the case with any luxury car. Tyres will set you back almost £200.00 each for Michelins. But its a good motorway cruiser. I have got over 40mpg but normally return either side of mid 30's, and even at 125mph its still close to 30mpg! Also for those in the rear you won't find many other vehicles offering as much space either for passengers or the occassional large load.
Currently in tonycanderson's garage:
2003 Renault Vel Satis V6 3.0dci, 2006 Peugeot 1007 Sport & 2006 Citroen C2 1.4HDi
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome