Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Megane 1 - Clicking Noise From Dashboard On Start Up

View Single Post
post #52 of (permalink) Old 8th May 2007
Tricky Dicky
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by Invincible View Post
Had this problem last year, posted on here with no replies; now you all seem to have the bug (funny old world). Good news is that on my 1.6e (99V), I disconnected the sensor to the motor which stops the "clicking". This is really simple to do.
Remove the screws on the RHS panel, at rear of engine bay,(torx head). Disconnect the small connector (only 2 there, the other one is quite large), the motor won't try and engage. Spoke to a garage and told it is quite a common fault. 350-700 to fix depending on parts and a quick fix rarely works for long. As Ivor said perviously, it is only needed when reversing. This will keep you sane till you have the cash to repair.
Good luck
Clunk clunk - we joke about the goblin with a hammer under the dash ...
This is the problem I have - saw the red and black wires (hope those are the ones?) but they looked rather large. Does anyone have a pic of the wires to disconnect?. Have just recently acquired the car (99 1.6 rte Megane hatch) and love it). Quotes for a repair are unbelievable here (South Africa). Would like to have a go at some stage, but not sure whether to get in from the inside (engine compartment) or inside (then how to get under the dash?). If I wiggle my hanf in under the windshield I can feel the hatch going up and down, very frustrating! It would be great if anyone had pics of the unit dissassembled - I am still awaiting my Haynes workshop manual.
Any advice or comments appreciated.
Rich Hall
South Africa
Currently in Tricky Dicky's garage:
1999 Renault Megane 1.6 RE Hatch
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome