Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - New Motor won't start

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 9th August 2014 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Angry New Motor won't start

Lesvachers here with a new F9q 812 bare motor with new turbo aswell ; so stripped all the stuff of my old oil eater and put it all together where it belonged

To my amazement after priming the bulb a few times it bloody started could believe it
It was on the axle stands at the time so i make ways to put the wheels on and get it on the floor as it sounds great nice and quite compared to the old motor
before the car hit the floor the motor stopped the temperature gauge was at 3 leds so warming nicely
so i pressed the button to re start and get it out of the garage that was 2 days ago and it still won't start

injectors have gone back in the same order as you would do motor spins freely and quickly
to cut a long story short i have no ohms reading on the injectors
so tonight we towed the car 3 miles to give the pump a chance to build up pressure but no nothing
slackened the injector nut to see if pressure was there but no
Bulb goes nice and hard and if some one turns the motor over it goes soft as it is turning.
so no diesel at the injector well there is but it is not pressurised tried with and without the plug in the back of the HP pump

Silly question but to tow and bump start a key card card you just put the card in or do you still have to active the ignition system some how i have done the push button start and after it has failed to start just tow it
as the peer steering is still there but is the power in the right place as you obviously would not touch the brake pedal whilst being towed to activate the starter
So help required please LV
Currently in lesvachers's garage:
Grand Scenic 120 DCI , 307 HDI 110 , Boxer Van
  5 Lastest Threads by lesvachers
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
New Motor won't start Cars & motoring lesvachers 1 948 9th August 2014 12:15 AM
DMF on Scenic 2005 1.9 Transmissions lesvachers 7 1406 3rd August 2014 04:31 PM
need a set of piston rings Engines spanish_lad 40 4713 27th May 2014 11:19 PM
scenic dashboard information Electronics lesvachers 2 762 30th October 2013 10:08 AM
newbe to the forum help please with list of issues Engines lesvachers 0 527 28th October 2013 03:16 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome