Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Master 120dci clutch slave cylinder

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 9th August 2014 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Master 120dci clutch slave cylinder

Just a report about trouble with my Renault Master van. Its a 2006 model dci120 with quickshift box (which doesn't shift quick at all).
I've had it for 2 years of trouble free motoring then, 2 weeks ago, it was driving completely normal. I pulled into a market carpark and was between rows of parked cars when, all of a sudden, it jerked and stalled the engine. I restarted it in neutral, put it in 1st and it jerked and stalled again and it just wouldn't move. I got out and looked under and found it dripping oil from between where the gearbox bolts up to the engine. I do know that normally oil should not be dripping from there, so there was real trouble at hand. I called my friend that has a tilt tray and I took the van to a good workshop that had done work on it before that was only 4 k's from where I had broken down.
A week later it has been fixed and it turned out to be the clutch slave cylinder had failed. My mechanic also decided to fit a new clutch while he had the gearbox out. So it turned out to be 1 week off the road & $2000 to repair!! Eeeeek!!
Currently in mrmaster's garage:
2006 Renault Master
  5 Lastest Threads by mrmaster
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Sold my Renault Master.......FINALLY!!!! General Chat eddioke 3 511 4th July 2015 07:29 AM
06 Master dci120 Erractic starting problem Cars & motoring mrmaster 3 734 24th January 2015 04:22 AM
Master 120dci clutch slave cylinder Cars & motoring dandywarhol 3 1450 9th August 2014 01:05 AM
I cannot believe what just happened!!! General Chat mrmaster 10 3023 21st April 2013 01:17 AM
My Reno Master General Chat mrmaster 3 1217 29th July 2012 02:12 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome