Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - I have bought a pig of a car...

View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 9th August 2014
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: I have bought a pig of a car...

Originally Posted by RenoRoger View Post
Bumping my own thread, does anyone know how the mileage could have gone up by 40 or 50 k virtually over night?
Hi, first off, sorry to hear about all of the problems you are having with your car!

As far as I know, when the dashboard is failing, it is possible for the mileage to increase erratically. (Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong)

Renault were offering "goodwill" as such on dashboard replacements for the Scenic, thus costing the owner approx. 150. Whether or not that still is available, I'm not sure!

The easiest thing to do, would be to contact your nearest Renault Dealer, and ask them the cost of the replacement. They will put a new instrument panel in, although the mileage will reset to "0". However, as far as I know, they stamp this in the book to verify that the car hasn't been clocked.

Hope that helps!

Currently in sceniclover's garage:
Scenic 1.4 (01-13), 2005 Espace 2.2dci Privilege (06-08), 2005 Renault Megane 1.4 Dynamique Sport Hatch, 2006 Renault Grand Scenic 1.6 Dynamique, 2006 Renault Modus 1.2 Oasis
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome