Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Trafic - dCi Non-Start*FIXED*

View Single Post
post #14 of (permalink) Old 10th August 2014
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Trafic - dCi Non-Start*FIXED*

The pressure regulator is on the fuel rail. If you look down at the front of the engine you will see the rail - to the left of the rail you will see the regulator. I am sorting my sons 02 Renault Trafic out. Changed the fuel filter and bled and bled until the battery died. Thats on charge now. The thing is... do not let a garage get their, literally, dirty hands on your van as they will change everything and you will pay loadsa money - honey!! And, the problem will not be fixed. I feel its down to the pressure regulator that causes these vans to stop working as the AA was here last night and he squirted some easy start and the van worked fine but once shut down it wont start again... he says that if you use too much easy start the engine becomes addicted to the stuff and also too much causes engine damage over a long period.

First port of call... change the fuel filter, on the left side of the engine bay.. It just slides up and pulls out... the AA man said on these modern engines they donít need bleeding... good luck... I will start my search as soon as this heavy rain clears! Tom
Currently in tomsurrey's garage:
The Following User Says Thank You to tomsurrey For This Useful Post:
mrdwy (28th November 2014)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome