Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - A possible mottah :)

View Single Post
post #29 of (permalink) Old 10th August 2014 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 6 Times in 17 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 5
Thanked 1,153 Times in 1,014 Posts
Re: A possible mottah :)

as Moses said to Pharoh "Let my Renault go!"

Yeh that was the plan p/ex.
I could buy a cheap(ish) 350z for example and maybe it would be ok.but Im not really interested in a weekend cruise car :
2 days a week per year lets say at a cost of 14 pound sterling per day(road tax) of use even going up n down my thx

I suppose you could do all sorts of combinations,sorning..and so on,but Id just want to use it as regular transport.

a 160 diesel megane 3,180 or even rs(I could allways remove all the rs blobby bits ),but none of those are available here..and vrt tax from england would be too high on newer models.

There was a v6 3.0 dci lag coupe available here last year..should have swung for that..but it wouldnt fit in my garage anyway

I wasnt joking about the garage.I built it myself for my tigra and left a bit extra length.
Not enough
Megane fits fine, as would a tt,350z,porsche boxter,911,merc slk or sl just,probably a few others.

Funny reason for a car choice maybe ,but its a consideration.

What Im really talkin about is a new occupant for the garage, not 2 cars for myself.
Tho I could go that route.
Im also considering resale value of my meg before it starts to fall off the edge.Its held up pretty well till this year anyway.Its now worth around 11,bought for 16 thats what like 30% depreciation over 3 years ?(not based on original list price of course!).2007/2008 meg II's ,here are goin down the slope very fast compared to say 2009 III shape.
Whens the mk IV comin out 2016?..etc etc.

Currently in coup's garage:
RM III coupe 1.5dci FVT,Audi TT Mk1 ,a bike and too much rubbish.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome