Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Diesel Engines and Supermarket Fuel

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11th August 2014 Thread Starter
Suffolk Tractorboy
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thumbs down Diesel Engines and Supermarket Fuel

I have a 5 year old Grand Modus 1.5 dCi, and having done only 52,000 miles it would not start, and the result was that I had to have the fuel injectors replaced at a cost of over 1500. I do not think that this fault should occur at this low mileage. Renault said that there was no manufacturing fault, and that it must have been caused by bad fuel, and that I was 'unlucky'. I was told that they do not recommend you use supermarket fuel (but they do not state that anywhere in their literature). I have always used supermarket fuel and although I could prove that for the 3 months up to the problem I had used a specific supermarket diesel, the supermarkets fuel supplier refused to accept any responsibility. SO BEWARE - IF YOU USE SUPERMARKET FUEL WITH A RENAULT DIESEL ENGINE YOU COULD POTENTIALLY HAVE AN EXPENSIVE REPAIR BILL.

Admins Note : Please don't mention a specific brand while complaining, it can create a load of problems both for you & the Forum.

Currently in Suffolk Tractorboy's garage:
2009 Renault Grand Modus 1.5 dCi 86

Last edited by hondo; 11th August 2014 at 04:05 PM.
  5 Lastest Threads by Suffolk Tractorboy
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Diesel Engines and Supermarket Fuel Cars & motoring Ralph 13 1716 11th August 2014 03:52 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome