Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 2005 Renault Scenic 2.0 16V VVT - ABS fault - Check ABS braking system

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11th August 2014 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
2005 Renault Scenic 2.0 16V VVT - ABS fault - Check ABS braking system

Dear all,

My first post here and I have been wandering around here for weeks taking all your fantastic information and putting it to good use.

I bought a 2005 Renault Scenic 2.0 16V VVT in England a couple of months back, car drove fine from UK to The Netherlands, and I've driven it here for a good 2 weeks too.

Before importing the car I've been fixing many little problems, a battery that was dead and didnt charge, a coolant thermostat that was always open, the black nipple of the top of the thermostat was split and leaking coolant. Changed spark plugs, cabin filter, air filter, all 4 spark plugs. Changed headlamps to LHD version and rear lamps. Changed fog light from right to left by removing the purple wire tracing it back into the loom and rooting it to the left hand side.

After all this (my car was still up on axle stands) I decided to start the engine. It was running sweet and sounded much better than it did when I first bought it and responds much quicker. I got in the car to check the display and I noticed the ABS light reporting a fault and saying check ABS braking system.

Anyone any idea why this is happening? I have removed the battery for 2 days. Put the car back on the ground, put battery back in and started the engine and still the same problem.

Things to do;
  • Remove wheels and inspect ABS sensors with a multi-meter any one know what the values should be?
  • Check ABS rings for damage? little strange though as car was fine before
  • Set car on fire and cry in the corner of my living room.

Really appreciate your input.
Currently in kortas's garage:
2005 Scenic 2.0 16V VVT / 2008 Astra VXR Nurburgring
  5 Lastest Threads by kortas
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
2005 Renault Scenic 2.0 16V VVT - ABS fault -... Brakes/Hubs kortas 0 820 11th August 2014 07:45 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome