Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Does anyone know anything on here?

View Single Post
post #23 of (permalink) Old 23rd December 2005
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
First off, let's avoid having any expectations of the Renault techs who frequent the site. Their advice is free and provided purely through good will. If we start expecting and then demanding responses, I think they'd be perfectly justified in leaving.

As for the rest of us, we're all at different levels. There are some who could dismantle a car and put it back together again, while there are others who wouldn't even know how to top up the screenwash. Even the non-experts will know or pick up things that other users might ask about. We all have a part to play and I'd hate to see people thinking that their opinion or advice wasn't worth posting just because they weren't experts.

Finally, sponsorship from Renault would definitely be a bad thing. This site may not be as negative as certain others, but the users still have the freedom to reasonably express their opinions of the company. If someone thinks Renault service is lousy then they can say so here (provided they're careful not to say anything libellous.) If Renault sponsored the site, then they'd expect at least some degree of editorial control. I don't think I'd be hanging around for long if that happened.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome