Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - Fitting CD Autochanger(All Models)

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10th May 2007
expat paul
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

I fitted my changer in the drawer under the drivers seat, with the aid of the expanding builders foam !!!!!, it was a bit of a hassle but it works well for me.
I removed the drawer/tray and lined it with several plastic carrier bags taped together ensuring no exposed plastic, I then very carefully did the same to the CD changer. With the aid of 2 or 3 small pieces of wood as spacers I positioned the changer in the drawer high enough to get some foam under and low enough so as to close the drawer with fitted under the seat. I then sprayed foam around and under the changer, placed some weights on the top of the changer because as the foam expands if will lift it out of position. It was then a case of waiting 48 hours for the foam to cure totally, and with the aid of a sharp knife trim the foam to remove the changer, remove the plastic bags and finally trim to exact size the drawer, and remove just enough foam to ensure the heat can escape. It holds the changer firmly and is good to reduce vibration. I have a couple of photos I can send you if it helps.
Currently in expat paul's garage:
2010 Renault Grand Scenic 1.9dCi
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome