Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Diesel V's petrol MPG?

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 10th May 2007
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
ian dont be afraid of the 200.000 mile one it all depends on how well its been maintained ive had 2.0 petrol a 130.000 diesel and my current 205.000 diesel .
the petrol was a thirsty beast especialy town stop start driving + was particulaly thirstyif pushed on the motorway .
the 130.000 diesel cost me hundreds in parts had to replace virtualy the whole fuel system just got it spot on when it was written off !.
bought the 205.000 in november for £380.00runs like a dream just been in for its mot all it needed was a bush and a drop link engine is spot on .
go for the diesel as you willnotice the differance both in econamy and power especialy when fully loaded that turbo makes a massive differance but beware its bloody adictive to give it the boot especialy to embarress thatknob in the bmw away from the lights
as an example had take the largest football flag in europe from oldham to newcastle for repairs tuther week damn thing was wet through and filled the back did the run up the M1/A1 at an average of 80+ cost to me was £40 there and back try that in the petrol cost you at least another £20
good luck & good hunting

The member formerly known as pesnuts
Currently in peanuts's garage:
1993 espace 2.1tdi

Last edited by peanuts; 10th May 2007 at 09:25 AM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome