Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Buyer's Guides - Member Opinions of the available Engine range

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 23rd December 2005
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
I tend to agree - diesel. Unless you are after out and out acceleration from the traffic lights and like to work the engine hard - then petrol is more suited to you.
Both the 2.0ide and 1.9dci engines are not without their problems tho. but from what I gather most of the dci problems are due to poor oil used and long service intervals. If a good quality fully synthetic oil is used every 9k miles rather than the recommended 18k then engines should be beter.

We have a 2004 1.9dci 120bhp and do a mixture of town,country lane and A road driving - not a great deal of dual carriage way miles and average about 50mpg. I do not have a heavy right foot but will accelerate hard when necessary ( to avoid old biddies/overtake old biddies etc ).

On a recent run along a dual carriageway for about 20miles at approx 70mph we were averaging near 60mpg.

If you get a chance try and test drive both - they will be different but only you can really compare.

Currently in SportTourer's garage:
2010 Laguna III SportTourer Initiale Tom Tom.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome