Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Speed Cameras

Thread: Speed Cameras
View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 11th May 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
Originally Posted by Martsby View Post

I think I will just keep my life simple and drive at the speed limit !! It seems a lot less hassle to me.

Speeding is ONLY good for one thing --------- it gets you to the back of the next queue of traffic quicker than everyone else !

You then get even more stressed out about the amount of traffic there is on the road as well as the speed camera’s.

Oh my, what a state we are all in !
When it comes to motorway driving, sticking to the speed limit has its irritations too. You get all of the muppets who insist on repeatedly overtaking you and dropping back (or worse still, drawing level with you, dropping to your exact speed and then boxing you in behind an HGV.) You get the tailgaters when you have the front to pull out into the outside lane to overtake something that's doing 60 in the middle one. And try sticking to 40 in the middle lane on a stretch of 40mph roadworks, and you can almost guarantee that you'll have an artic hanging six inches from your back bumper trying to bully you into pulling over, even though you are still overtaking traffic in the inside lane.

Also, on a clear stretch of motorway, the faster you go,the sooner you'll get there. You can cover 280 miles in four hours at 70mph. Tweak your speed up to 80 and you'll save yourself half an hour. If that means getting home before rush hour starts (and it often does for me) then it can save you even more time.

Granted, on a congested stretch of motorway, sometimes the easiest thing to do is pick a speed of 70 or less and try to stick to that. Trying to go faster and failing can be rather frustrating.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome