Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Buyer's Guides - Member Opinions of the available Engine range

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 24th December 2005
I have a 2.2 dci 53 plate with a eastcoast powerbox fitted and I love it set on the torqiest mode she has approx 180 bhp and 265lbs and does on a run driving normally 55 mpg round town 40 on average its been about 45 mpg and thats "enjoyable "driving if your lighter of foot even better.

The car itself now 28000 is in general excellant had a couple of early niggles and one driveshaft replaced under warranty.

If you like something with just more than a bit of poke see if you can find an early 2.2 initiale and get it chipped.

The only downside I have to say about the laguna is the residual value mine the book says is at best about 7000 as a trade in which is poor for a car with a list price at new of over 18000. So you should be able to pick up a bargain for very cheap money mine for 7000 is a steal.

By the way 0-60 if needed is around the 8 secs but its the in car acceleration that blows you away

Happy Hunting
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome