Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna 2 problems

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12th May 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Laguna 2 problems

Hello all,
Yesterday noticed that my sunroof had started leaking once more and water dripping from N/S interior light, car parked on a hill facing down.
Went out to do some shopping and thought I would park it facing up the hill to try and stop the leak, Half an hour later I hear someone blowing a horn for about 10/15 seconds, I pop out to look but can't see anything and the horn had stopped before I got out of the house, return to the house and it starts again, this time it doesn't stop, I go out for another look and it is my car , I think WTF is wrong now and then I remember the sunroof leaking, I think the water is getting in to something like the ECU and shorting it so I start the car up, drive up the road to turn and then park back outside the house, all the time with the horn still sounding, I get a screwdriver from the garage, pop the fusebox cover open, look for the horn fuse and pull it, Nothing still sounding
Pop the bonnet to find the horn but can't see it, quick look in the workshop manual to find they are up behind the bumper on the N/S and a splash panel needs removing.
Only thing for it in the meantime is to disconnect the battery
Five minutes later under the car in the rain I still can't find the horns, Reconnect the battery and it has stopped, start the car to see if all is still ok and then it starts blowing again, Disconnect the battery again and reconnect ten minutes later and all is quiet and has been ever since, I have not been out in it since so I don't know what I may have lost but what I would like to know is where the ECU is situated and can water get into it and is this the cause of my problem or could water be getting in elsewhere.
Also what needs to be reprogrammed and how, I know the radio has to be done and I did notice that the tyre pressures are not showing on start up now, will these show aafter a drive etc
Currently in RichardMS's garage:
2001 Laguna II sports tourer, 1997 Scorpio Ultima estate
  5 Lastest Threads by RichardMS
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Laguna 2 problems Cars & motoring RichardMS 8 1467 12th May 2007 06:47 AM
Reversing sounder Electronics RichardMS 10 1793 29th December 2006 08:20 PM
Hello Welcome to RenaultForums RichardMS 3 629 21st December 2006 08:13 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome