Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - What I hate about driving...

View Single Post
post #275 of (permalink) Old 12th May 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
Originally Posted by westernfirebrand View Post
Also, as many of the gantrys are equipped with speed cameras, this would appear to be yet another revenue gathering excercise.
The last I heard, you're fine on those cameras as long as you're doing less than 70, as the authorities have no proof of what the speed limit sign was showing at the time. Plenty of people have managed to get off with tickets on the M25 by exploiting this flaw in the system, and having seen people fly past the gantries at all kinds of speeds when the signs are on, I wonder if the cameras are still working these days.

Just to add another beef: Parents who park outside schools on the yellow zig-zag lines that are there for the kids' safety and protection. They're buggers for it outside of our local secondary school.

Of course, THEIR child is far too precious to walk anything beyond the minimum number of footsteps from kerb to school gate. Never mind, it'll be someone else's child (who walks home from school) that'll get splatted while trying to cross the road

Not unsurprisingly, the local constabulary does nothing about enforcement. They just leave the camera van to snap anyone doing over 30 further down the road.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome