Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Speed Cameras

Thread: Speed Cameras
View Single Post
post #17 of (permalink) Old 12th May 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1

Good Morning,

Originally Posted by Horatio View Post
I tend to stick to the 30 limit in genuine residential and urban areas these days. I must admit that I still tend to do about 40 in commercial areas with 30mph limits, as there are no kids or little old ladies to run over there, and I consider the 30 limit to be inappropriate. Once I hit a non-residential dual carriageway, I'll generally do about 10 over the limit and keep an eye out for cameras.
We appear to be on the same page, why tear ¤¤¤¤ about then complain injustice when you get fashed and go to the ends of the earth as SamWoerth suggests to try and discredit the system ---- to much stress for me

If I've spent 3.5 hours cruising at 80 on the motorway, then I've still saved my half hour over sticking to the speed limit regardless of how slow I end up going at either end of the journey.
Cruise Control, best invention ever - use it all the time, same page again! Don't forget that at 80 the chances of getting a ticket are almost zero (I'm sure that someone will post something to split hairs, as you put it, on this one!) but they wont even flash you until you are over 77 and then you will get an offer of a speed seminar or something.

I spend a lot of my driving time on the motorways.
You are not the sort of person then that needs to worry too much.

You do not appear to be in the boy racer (or boy mid life crisis-er, or girl with kids in the back who has no clue how to read a speedo) fraternity who seems to feel compelled to drive past my house (100yds inside a 30 zone in a village with a school across the road) at 70MPH + when they are coming form a 60 into a 40 before the 30 !

If I had a speed camara in my front garden I would be a millionaire by now.

Sorry, but I'm not being delusional at all.
That***8217;s good, but many people are...

Last edited by Martsby; 12th May 2007 at 10:14 AM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome