Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Is this a fuse?

Thread: Is this a fuse?
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 12th May 2007 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 4 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 5
Originally Posted by madnoel10 View Post
Hi Scatz - as far as I know the heater blower fuse is located in the fusebox - maybe it's the ballast resistor your looking at - a better description or even a pic would help. There are some posts on replacing the resistor on this forum.
Try this link
Sorry Mad.......forgot to attach piccy, here it is (sorry it's blurred). Anyway, have now sussed that it is a relay not a fuse and I couldn't quite work out whether the wires from the blower motor go to it or not as there's tape covering everything. Having said that I now don't think it does anyway.

I'm at my wits end now with my ventilation as I cannot work out why the blower motor will not work. I purchased a blower motor from ebay (stated it was tested and worked) and tried that but nothing! Had to change my climate control unit anyway and....nothing. As far as I can tell, the only thing that would stop the blower motor working is the resistor, which in air con Lags is apparently part of the motor unit and not seperate.

Is there a way I can test the blower motor on a 12v battery?

I shall read some of the threads, as I have before, to see if I've missed anything but I don't think I have. Really driving me nuts as I have no air at all let alone air con/climate control.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P5120002_edited.JPG
Views:	146
Size:	27.4 KB
ID:	3052  

Currently in scatz's garage:
2004 Subaru Legacy GT Spec B, a 2013 2.0 TDCi Titanium X Sport S-Max and a 2001 Honda NSR125R
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome