Join Date: Aug 2014
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: Renault Megane 1 - Closing Cabrio Roof,Excellent Info
Liking this post slightly but....
1. Run the top to all the way down position?....down as in closed or down as in roof open?
2. Open the ragtop handle?....and lift?? (not sure what 1 means now??)
5. What is normal position?
Thanks for pointing out my inconsistencies. Also I didn't find edit-button for my previous post, so I'll just have to reply...
1) Close the top. (Now that I think of it, I should have naturally written top up. But I had the mental picture of the rear flap of the top, which has to be down for the top to be closed...)
2) Unlock the top by the manual (locking) handle by the rearview mirror. Lift it open just a bit (5-10 cm).
5) Now lift the top (by the above mentioned handle) to the normal position you would when opening the top (30-40 cm). Where it usually beeps. (This will take off the tension from rear flap and let you lift it up by hand.)
I don't really think that makes a difference, as to first open the roof just a bit and later more. But I just wanted to write exactly what I did. JUST in case it makes a difference.
Also a note that I did have the ignition switched off until the point (14) when I closed the top with the dashboard switch. After that it opened and closed as normal. (Which was naturally all new to me, as I'd never seen this car with the top down...)
Currently in tug3's garage:
'98 Megane Cabrio, '89 Pontiac Firebird, '87 Chevy R10, '72 VW Beetle (with custom body), '67 Mustang Cabrio