Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Car checking,car checking across the universe :)

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 20th August 2014 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 6 Times in 17 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 5
Thanked 1,153 Times in 1,014 Posts
Car checking,car checking across the universe :)

Sung to the tune of "star trekking..etc :0

Ive been looking at a 350z..really?

I havent bothered with the cost of a car check on it yet cos "its all up in the air"

In the meantime,I have been checking:keep the meg options.
to cut it short
audi tt 2003.
for sale blurb(private) runs like this:

"Audi tt 225bhp, heated seats, elec windows, climate control, traction control, taxed untill 10/14, timing belt along with all other belts done recently, engine and gearbox serviced recently, tires all around in good condition, car is driven only on weekends... 5000 o.n.o "

car has 95k on clock

Phone enquiry on recently done items mentioned "They were done around 92k..I dont have the car that long so I cant say for sure when.It is a UK import"

Thats all fair enough but:
car check,about 10 quid.

Car was a cat D in 2007 in UK.Not the end of the world ,but that in itself is worth the checking cost in negotiations.

Present owner(the guy who posted the text above)bought the car in may 2013.
At that time the mileage was 79k,its now 95k.
In other words ,the timing belt and all the other belts+ that have been done recently would have been done at under 80k miles..if you can count within the last 2 years as recently.
Perhaps the car vanished for a few days around cmas time 2013 and got a "Santa's Surprise" general belt change.
Car only driven at weekend's..lemme see .
In a total ownership time of 15 months the present owner has clocked up 15k miles..give or take.

Weekend only driving would imply in general terms a "harry potter" around.1000 miles a month is a little more than that.
Id read it as, not many miles during the week but at least a big return journey on weekends.
Either way the carcheck lock n load weapon gives you some ammo,for negotiation,, mho

Currently in coup's garage:
RM III coupe 1.5dci FVT,Audi TT Mk1 ,a bike and too much rubbish.
  5 Lastest Threads by coup
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Cheese factory explosion in France Jokes & funny stuff coup 0 188 6th July 2016 07:48 AM
Meg 3 fuel flap Electronics A55ii 4 210 1st July 2016 09:11 AM
conflict resolution, zohan method YouTube coup 0 251 8th March 2016 08:26 PM
Our Babs..sorry I missed a couple of o's Jokes & funny stuff Dancingdad 4 310 2nd March 2016 10:12 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome