Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clio 1.4 1998 S Reg Running Problem After Battery Change

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12th May 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
1.4 clio runs rough after battery change. Come on brains of Britain, help solve this

Hi, come on brains of Britain, help me with this one Ive got a bugger of a clio that i cant sort. Disconnected and cleaned all earths today, disconnected sensor leads, sprayed terminal cleaner in all connections and reassembled, took fuel line off and with ignition on there was plenty of fuel coming out suggesting pump and filter ok, checked plugs again, they smelt a bit petrolly but were all sparking well under idle. I noticed a 15 amp blue fuse on rhs of battery with yellow feed into base, fuse ok but no feed, does anyone know what this is? It is next to 60a fuse. I also checked fuel, it burns well (and so do the bloody hairs on the back of my hand!!!) , so fuel quality seems ok. After all this she runs fine for 4 or 5 seconds when fired up then idles lumpy again, spluttering away and not wanting to drive under load.

I have run out of ideas now, do you have any???? Thanks Darren
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome