Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Espace IV. Problems after flat battery.

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12th May 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
My first post!

Recently (4 weeks ago) bought a 51 plate Grand Espace 2.0 Auto. It has the warning light for self levelling headlights that illuminates every time you leave the car. Can't see anything wrong with the headlamp alignment though. There is also a 3 position dial on the dash which manually changes the headlamp height. So a little confused? Does the car have auto self levelling suspension aswell as manual alignment?

Also been in Florida for 3 weeks. Got back and guess what - flat battery! Borrowed my father-in-law's charger and plugged it in for 90 mins. Then I was able so start it. Since then (only last Thursday) I have had the airbag warning light come on on a few occaisions when turning on the ignition. It hasn't done it every time and it only stays on for a few seconds then says service and disappears. Mostly though it just does the check and displays "OK". I assume from reading the posts here that this may be to do with the flat battery. Do I need to go and get the faults cleared out of the memory at a dealer or will it "learn" and sort itself out in due course (assuming there is no fault!)?

Maybe the battery went flat because of the self levelling headlamp warning light being on for 3 weeks...? Any suggestions on this one gratefully recvd.

Currently in Chris999's garage:
2001 Renault Grand Espace III 2.0 16V Expression

Last edited by Chris999; 12th May 2007 at 10:21 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome