Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Megane - Interiors - Fitting a sub woofer into a megane 2002

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 26th December 2005 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Question Renault Megane - Interiors - Fitting a sub woofer into a megane 2002

Hi guys!
was wondering if any of you could give me a hand.
I have got 2 things I would like to talk about.

1 (my main thing)
I am trying to fit my Christmas present into my Megane II and not having much joy in powering it. Had most of the plastic panels off from the inside of the car, lol. I am trying to feed a power lead into the engine bay for a sub.
Where can I do this? (easily) without drilling etc etc.
I cant find where the cables go through or anything.

Can anyone help me out at all?? please?

When I was searching for a place to feed this cable, I came across a none standard looking loom of cables going towards the boot.
After some wondering, curiosity got the better of me and I ended up stripping the boot out. they lead to a black contraption that is bolted into the bit of empty space body work behind the passenger side rear light. there is an LED attached to it which flashes now and again, and also it beeps when I lock my doors.
Another thing, one of the cables lead to the front of the car and into the tax disc holder, which has some sort of chip in it.

Would I be too mad in suggesting that my car has got some sort of tracker in it? I have only had it 3 weeks and the previous owner said nothing about it.

I have got some pics, but they are poor quality at the min until I get the decent camera out if anyone would like to see.

Some other investigating as well has found it doubles up as a car alarm.... pretty pointless in the boot if u ask me.....

And have a merry Christmas!

Currently in chrisash32's garage:
2002 Renault Megane Sport II 1.9dCi
  5 Lastest Threads by chrisash32
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Its Bye Bye Renault i am affraid :-( Cars & motoring vass20 61 11304 7th January 2007 10:27 PM
Megane II - Electronics - Keyless Problems Electronics 4 4262 28th August 2006 05:56 PM
Poll For North West Meet Regional activity superbiatch 3 1902 14th August 2006 02:12 PM
Megane II and me have just been on an AA Truck!!... Electronics chrisash32 24 5074 3rd April 2006 12:23 AM
Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Engines - Average... Laguna NickTT 373 163489 13th January 2006 07:27 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome